Collagen has been shown to increase skin hydration, reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and improve skin elasticity. Overall, collagen can have dramatic results in reducing signs of aging and improving skin health.
Types of Collagen
There are three types of collagen available in supplemental form:
- Collagen I: Most abundant type in the body and is the main form of collagen in the skin.
- Collagen II: Found primarily in the cartilage of bones and joints.
- Collagen III: Found throughout the body, often in association with type 1 collagen.
The Best Collagen for the Skin
All three types of collagen can improve skin health, but research indicates that Collagen II may be the most beneficial. The added skin benefits of Collagen II appear to be due to its high content of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid significantly increases skin hydration, which is one the most important factors in skin health.
BioCell Collagen II is a specially formulated Collagen II that is more readily absorbed and assimilated in the body than generic forms. It is backed by impressive research evidence demonstrating significant improvements in skin health.
BioCell Collagen II supplement options:
- Olympian Labs BioCell Collagen
- Jarrow Formulas Type II Collagen
- Doctor’s Best Hyaluronic Acid
- Source Naturals Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Acid
Additional information about the benefits of BioCell Collagen II:
- Research evidence: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22956862
- BioCell Collagen II website: http://www.biocellcollagen.com